If I should name one single reason why I shouldn't write a blog, it would be the fact that putting yourself out there can seem quite daunting. Like scary, scary. The kind of halloween scary, when you're walking through the cemetary by yourself in the middle of the night and you just know that the crack you just heard behind the bushes is your dead grandpa who is going to revenge you for stealing those five bucks you stole for candy when you were five. Should've certainly thought better back then.
Your heart pounds, your legs transform from actual legs to overcooked spaghetti and you turn your head from side to side to spot the attacker that you just know to be there. The head-spinning is, of course, just a safety precaution while you're trying to decide whether to just keep it cool (like that is an option) or just run already because it is better to be safe than sorry right? I mean, when the attack does happen, what are you gonna tell the local news, that you just stood there? Really?? I mean, you know even you can't sink as low as that.
That's the thing about fear. You do something for two minutes, whether it is walking through a cemetary in the middle of the night (not recommending this to anyone, just to be clear) or you decide to do something that you just know to be your heart's desire, and just in two minutes you've gone from spaghetti-legged-you into a ghost-beaten local news hero. Wow. Quite an imagination. So, a lot can happen in two minutes, especially when we're talking about fear-based thoughts that actually don't have any connection to the human reality. The power of thoughts is amazing, but before you start believing in the power of them, it is good to ask whether those thoughts are just based on an emotion that really doesn't serve your highest good. Not anymore, at least.
But what does all this cemetary talk have to do with me and my blog?
I think everyone who knows me well (enough) knows that I've had a huge passion for writing since forever. I'm not talking about a mere liking here but, literally, a huge passion. I write poetry and aphorisms and if there is such a thing as a BIG dream, being a writer is definitely that to me.
Another fact that I've known about myself ever since the internet came along, is that I want to have a blog. And, since the internet came along quite some time ago, it is quite clear that I've been pushing my dream away for quite some time already. Why? All because of fear. What if something goes wrong?? What if my blog is boring? What if no one wants to read it? And most of all, what will everybody think???? (Here I should probably point out that out that I don't even know who "everybody" is.)
As I believe that when it comes to dreams it's never too late, here I go giving a chance to my two dreams combined into one: writing (and) a blog. So welcome to my blog. I hope that you'll enjoy reading it as much as I know I'll enjoy writing it. I'll probably use it mostly for sharing my aphorisms, poems and some fashion-related stuff but we'll really see better as we go along!
Oh and the meaning of the cemetary story? In my opinion, sometimes the best thing you can do is really question your thoughts and take a moment to ask what's the emotion that is blocking your way into achieving or doing something that you really want to do. You already know what you want to do. But most of the time, all that inner knowing gets buried under the fear, as the things that we desire the most, are actually the things that we are the most afraid of. And the cure to the fear is to acknowledge and understand that even if the emotions and thoughts can seem very real, they only become one (the reality) if you believe in them and make a conscious to decision to follow them into something that only serves as the opposite of what you truly want.
Again, welcome to my blog.
Your heart pounds, your legs transform from actual legs to overcooked spaghetti and you turn your head from side to side to spot the attacker that you just know to be there. The head-spinning is, of course, just a safety precaution while you're trying to decide whether to just keep it cool (like that is an option) or just run already because it is better to be safe than sorry right? I mean, when the attack does happen, what are you gonna tell the local news, that you just stood there? Really?? I mean, you know even you can't sink as low as that.
That's the thing about fear. You do something for two minutes, whether it is walking through a cemetary in the middle of the night (not recommending this to anyone, just to be clear) or you decide to do something that you just know to be your heart's desire, and just in two minutes you've gone from spaghetti-legged-you into a ghost-beaten local news hero. Wow. Quite an imagination. So, a lot can happen in two minutes, especially when we're talking about fear-based thoughts that actually don't have any connection to the human reality. The power of thoughts is amazing, but before you start believing in the power of them, it is good to ask whether those thoughts are just based on an emotion that really doesn't serve your highest good. Not anymore, at least.
But what does all this cemetary talk have to do with me and my blog?
I think everyone who knows me well (enough) knows that I've had a huge passion for writing since forever. I'm not talking about a mere liking here but, literally, a huge passion. I write poetry and aphorisms and if there is such a thing as a BIG dream, being a writer is definitely that to me.
Another fact that I've known about myself ever since the internet came along, is that I want to have a blog. And, since the internet came along quite some time ago, it is quite clear that I've been pushing my dream away for quite some time already. Why? All because of fear. What if something goes wrong?? What if my blog is boring? What if no one wants to read it? And most of all, what will everybody think???? (Here I should probably point out that out that I don't even know who "everybody" is.)
As I believe that when it comes to dreams it's never too late, here I go giving a chance to my two dreams combined into one: writing (and) a blog. So welcome to my blog. I hope that you'll enjoy reading it as much as I know I'll enjoy writing it. I'll probably use it mostly for sharing my aphorisms, poems and some fashion-related stuff but we'll really see better as we go along!
Oh and the meaning of the cemetary story? In my opinion, sometimes the best thing you can do is really question your thoughts and take a moment to ask what's the emotion that is blocking your way into achieving or doing something that you really want to do. You already know what you want to do. But most of the time, all that inner knowing gets buried under the fear, as the things that we desire the most, are actually the things that we are the most afraid of. And the cure to the fear is to acknowledge and understand that even if the emotions and thoughts can seem very real, they only become one (the reality) if you believe in them and make a conscious to decision to follow them into something that only serves as the opposite of what you truly want.
Again, welcome to my blog.
Love,
Maria


No comments:
Post a Comment